The author must send the manuscript online by first registering as an author to the website http://www.jurnalmandiri.com/index.php/mandiri/about/submissions. For every submitted article, the author is obliged to follow the terms and conditions in accordance with following instructions.
Double-Blind Peer Review Guidelines
This journal ensures double-blind review for every submitted manuscript. It means that in the review process, this journal conceals both the identity of reviewer and author and vice versa.
Instructions for Authors of Jurnal MANDIRI: Ilmu Pengetahuan, Seni, dan Teknologi
1. The text submitted by the author is the original scientific paper, has never been published, and is not being submitted for publication in other media/journals
2. The text proposed may be results of the study (field/literature), conceptual ideas, studies, application of theories, and criticism in the science, art, and technology.
3. The maximum title of 20 words is bold with 12 spaced 1.5 font sizes
4. Scripts can be written in Indonesia. The manuscript is written with Times New Roman of font 11 with one and a half spacing and one-column format.
5. The manuscript begins with abstract equal and less than 250 words written in Indonesian and English.
6. The English-language abstracts are typed times new roman with a font of 12. Abstract and keywords are written in Indonesian and English with single spacing and italic.
7. Abstracts should clearly indicate the background of the problems, objectives, theories and methods, findings or novelty of ideas, and main conclusions.
8. The author's name is written without academic degrees. If a script is written by a team or more than one person, the editor will communicate only with the main author or the author whose name is listed in the first place.
9. Scripts are organized into five subheadings (with font of 12) in the following order: (a) Introduction: includes problem identification, literature review, research objectives, as well as the benefits of the research, (b) Method: consists of the way the research is done and a description of the material, equipment, and procedures used in conducting the analysis or research, (c) Results and Discussion: describes the results of research or analysis and can be presented in sub-chapters, (d) Conclusion: written in the form of a summary and suggestion, (e) bibliography: Bibliography arranged alphabetically refers to the APA Style of Citation.
- Use the Mendeley application to facilitate the inclusion of references.
- A script can be written in Indonesian as many 4000 - 8000 words
- Obituary script can be written in Indonesian or English as many as 3-5 pages. Sources of references/citations listed in the script are the primary reference sources in the form of research reports or articles published in the scientific journal/magazine in the last 5 years.
- The compositions of journals are minimum 80% from total references, for instance: total references are 15 consisting of 12 journals and 3 others; total references are 20 consisting of 16 Journals and 4 others
- Technical of writing citations use the enclosed reference technique (name, year).
- Article Format has met the Article Template Jurnal Mandiri.
- The article must be under 20 % check by plagiarism software.
- The article does not contain the results of plagiarism, falsification, and fabrication of data.
The Format of Reference (APA Style 7)
Cunningham, S., & Turner, G. (Eds.). (2002). The media in Australia. Sydney, Australia: Allen & Unwin.
Darmawan, J. J. (2007). Mengkaji ulang keniscayaan terhadap berita (televisi). Dalam Papilon H. Manurung (ed), Komunikasi dan kekuasaan (h. 60-95). Yogyakarta, Indonesia: FSK.
Littlejohn, S. W. (1992). Theories of human communication (4th ed). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company.
Rogers, E. M., & Rekha, A. R. (1976). Communication in organizations. New York, NY: The Free Press.
McRobbie, A. (1998). British fashion design: Rag rade or image industry? London: Routledge. <http://leeds.etailer.dpsl.net/Home/htmlmoreinfo.asp?isbn=02031680>
Giroux, H. (2000). Public pedagogy as cultural politics: Stuart Hall and the “crisis” of culture. Cultural Studies, 14(2), 341-360.
Jongeling, S. B. (1988, September). Student teachers’ preference for cooperative small group teaching. Paper presented at the 3rd Annual 13 Research Forum of the Western Australian Institute for Educational Research, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia.
Massy, W. F., & Robert, Z. (1996). Using information technology to enhance academic productivity. <http://www.educom.edu/program.nlii/keydoces/massy.htm>
Ispandriarno, L. (2008, Mei 12). Memantau bus hijau. Koran Tempo, h. 4.
Article/News in Newspaper without author:
Memantau bus hijau. (2008, Mei 12). Koran Tempo, h. 4.
Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa. (1978). Pedoman penulisan laporan penelitian. Jakarta, Indonesia: Depdikbud.
Undang-undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 2 tentang Sistem Pendidikan Nasional. (1990). Jakarta, Indonesia: PT Armas Duta Jaya.
Thesis, Dissertation, Research Report:
Perbawaningsih, Y. (1998). Faktor-faktor yang memengaruhi sikap dan perilaku terhadap teknologi komputer: Analisis perbandingan budaya teknologi antara akademisi perguruan tinggi negeri dan swasta, kasus di UGM dan UAJY. Tesis. Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia.
Arstechnica: The art of technology. (2008). <http://arstechnica.com/index.ars>
Jaquenod, G. (2008, December 1). Birdie’s etsy flights. <http://www.giselejaquenod.com.ar/blog/>
Film or Video:
Deeley, M., & York, B. (Producers), & Scott, R. (Director). (1984). Bladerunner [Motion picture]. United States: Warner Brothers
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
2. The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
3. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
4. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
5. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
6. If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Open Access Policy
All research articles published in JURNAL MANDIRI: Ilmu Pengetahuan, Seni dan Teknologi are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. Articles are published under the terms of a Creative Commons license which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.